Monday, March 11, 2013

Parachutes and Biking

Can you see the parachute to the middle right of the photo. I started my ride from the Oceanside harbor after a hefty breakfast at Break Water cafe. As I made my way east along the San Luis River trail, I noticed an airplane flying in circles. Then one by one, a total of six people jumped out of the airplane. Then, the parachutes were released. They made their slow glide backdown the small Oceanside municipal airport. I reached the airport just in time to witness the last landing.

Stress free bike riding is a delight to the senses. I rode about 6 miles but witnessed so many wonderful things within 30 minutes: the snow capped mountains, the river flowing back to the ocean, the many families bike riding, joggers, walkers, bird watchers.

I needed that ride to clear my mind.

No comments: