Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Cycle Truck Front Loading Cargo Bike

Meet "The Ogre." 



I ordered the frame set from Cycle Trucks designer and builder John Lucas in West Sacramento. There was an eight month wait time but it was worth it. During that time I found another family that would enjoy the Dutch Bakfiet. It was a great bike but I needed something I can customize and with a bipartible frame.

The bronze weld and finish look amazing that several of my friends recommended a clear coat finish. Adding a dark brown Brooks B67 saddle and painting the treated birchwood deck in dark walnut gave the bike a vintage and industrial look.



It is very easy to ride and maneuver. The slick balloon tires gives it a smooth ride. It has a 40 and 30 tooth front chain ring and a Nexus 7 speed internal geared hub. I had few people ride it for the first time. And they rode it like a regular bike. They were surprised how easy it was to ride.




No comments: